The Malama O Puna Board of Directors is a group of your friends and neighbors who volunteer to keep up the work of “protecting Hawai ‘i ‘s precious natural heritage” by:
- Acting as consultants to the general public on ecosystem preservation and site restoration issues and making written materials and other sources available on these subjects
- Developing audiovisual and written curriculum materials for all educational levels on Hawai‘i’s unique biota and ecosystems, and on techniques for protection, management and restoration
- Partnering and networking with government a
Directorgencies and other nongovernmental organizations with similar interests for the purpose of increasing public awareness regarding the importance of environmental protection
- Promoting the development, growth and preservation of federal, state, county, district and private parks for the purpose of enhancing open spaces for future generations
- Planting trees, shrubs and groundcovers to enhance the natural landscape
- Encouraging greenways and bird corridors, both circum-coastal and between the coast and the uplands (mauka-makai) through various strategies, including acquisition of small critical parcels of land for conservation dedication and land-trusting
- Promoting community and youth education programs to enhance public awareness of Hawai‘i’s natural beauty, and to stimulate a love of nature
OUR BOARD AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Sherry Kelso Palmer
Ann Kobsa, Ph.D.
William ‘Bill’ Steiner, Ph.D.
Eileen O’Hara, Ph.D.
Who are we? We are YOU!