All members receive the Email notices of events and notice of the Annual General Membership Meeting. Members may make reservations to use the facility located in Pahoa Village to access a library of useful resources for planning land use and land purchases. Just call 965-2000 to make reservations. The facility is also available to rent for meetings with a capacity of about 15-20. Please contact us if your group needs a meeting place!
Malama O Puna is a nonprofit organization, certified under IRS code 501(c)(3). All donations and membership payments are tax-deductible.
- Low-income individual: $10
- Individual: $25
- Couple: $50
- Family: $75
- Business: $100
- Patron: $500
- Life: $1000
Send checks to:
Malama O Puna
P.O. Box 1467
Pāhoa, HI 96778
Recurring membership via Paypal:
Low-income individual : $10.00 USD – yearly
Individual : $25.00 USD – yearly
Couple : $50.00 USD – yearly
Family : $75.00 USD – yearly
Business : $100.00 USD – yearly
Patron : $500.00 USD – yearly
Sign me up for email updates
One-time membership via Paypal:
Low-income individual: $10
Sign me up for email updates
Additional donations are always welcome!
You can mail us a check at the address above, or donate via Paypal.
We have two shirt designs, printed on different color shirts and sizes in both Men’s and Women’s cuts. Prices range from $15 for tank tops and $20 for t-shirts. Visit our office in Pāhoa to see and purchase shirts.
Vanilla Beans & Plants
Premium large size; 8-9 inches
Price is $7.00 per bean
Includes shipping and handling, or you can drop by our Pahoa office
Will be shipped by first-class or priority mail
Organically grown in Puna, Hawai’i on an unmechanized farm
Each bean results from the individual hand-pollination of a vanilla orchid flower
Vanilla Starts – $10.00 Only within Puna, Hawai‘i
Please contact Ann (email@example.com) to arrange pick-up or drop-off.
We always support buying local first! However, if you’re shopping on Amazon anyway, please use this Amazon Smile link whenever you shop, to make a donation to us at no additional cost.
Business Services Hawaii
We are happy to announce that you can now donate cash from your recyclables to Malama O Puna by simply redeeming at one of Business Services Hawaii’s convenient locations and telling the attendant you would like to donate the proceeds to us! Remember to ask the attendant for a receipt you can email to us and we’ll be happy to provide a receipt for your tax records. Learn more about Business Service Hawaii, including their locations and hours, at their website.
7 Reasons To Donate To Malama O Puna
- MOP is the ONLY environmental group focusing on ALL environmental issues in Puna District. (Some other groups only deal with geothermal development, or parks or trails. We do it all).
- Puna is as large as Oahu and is the fastest growing area of the state, which means we have more development issues to deal with.
- In areas such as coastal and pelagic issues (endangered marine mammals, drift nets, coral reef preservation, etc.) we lead the field. Even more so than Greenpeace Hawaii.
- We are not afraid to take on major projects, all of which we have successfully completed: Saved 601 old growth mango trees and got the County to reinstate the process whereby trees can be protected; Persisted until the County enacted a native forest tax bill to remove incentives to bulldoze critical habitat; Removed 400 junk cars and 100 tons of household rubbish from a coastal area; Removed 7,000 lbs. of drift net (so far) from along the Puna coast. Planted thousands and thousands of trees, Etc. etc.
- We are not the kind of group that only criticizes. We are not confrontational. We act as role models and set examples. We offer reasonable win-win solutions to environmental problems and concerns.
- We have worked successfully with County (Public Works, Parks & Recreation, Legislative Auditors office, and Council members) and State (Dept. of Land & Natural Resources, Dept. of Agriculture, Dept. of Health) and Federal (EPA, Congressional delegation, etc.) We have credibility and respect.
- We have partnered successfully with many other non-profits in our community.