All members receive the Year in Review Newsletter and notice of the Annual General Membership Meeting. Memberships of $25 or more can receive a free recycled tote bag.
Malama O Puna is a nonprofit organization, certified under IRS code 501(c)(3). All donations and membership payments are tax-deductible.
- Low-income individual: $10
- Individual: $25
- Couple: $50
- Family: $75
- Business: $100
- Patron: $500
- Life: $1000
Send checks to:
Malama O Puna
P.O. Box 1467
Pāhoa, HI 96778
Additional donations are always welcome!
You can mail us a check at the address above, or donate via Paypal.
We have two shirt designs, printed on different color shirts and sizes in both Men’s and Women’s cuts. Prices range from $15 for tank tops and $20 for t-shirts. Visit our office in Pāhoa to see and purchase shirts.
Vanilla Beans & Plants
Premium large size; 8-9 inches
Price is $7.00 per bean
Includes shipping and handling, or you can drop by our Pahoa office
Will be shipped by first-class or priority mail
Organically grown in Puna, Hawai’i on an unmechanized farm
Each bean results from the individual hand-pollination of a vanilla orchid flower
Vanilla Starts – $10.00 Only within Puna, Hawai‘i
Please contact Ann (email@example.com) to arrange pick-up or drop-off.
7 Reasons To Donate To Malama O Puna
- MOP is the ONLY environmental group focusing on ALL environmental issues in Puna District. (Some other groups only deal with geothermal development, or parks or trails. We do it all).
- Puna is as large as Oahu and is the fastest growing area of the state, which means we have more development issues to deal with.
- In areas such as coastal and pelagic issues (endangered marine mammals, drift nets, coral reef preservation, etc.) we lead the field. Even more so than Greenpeace Hawaii.
- We are not afraid to take on major projects, all of which we have successfully completed: Saved 601 old growth mango trees and got the County to reinstate the process whereby trees can be protected; Persisted until the County enacted a native forest tax bill to remove incentives to bulldoze critical habitat; Removed 400 junk cars and 100 tons of household rubbish from a coastal area; Removed 7,000 lbs. of drift net (so far) from along the Puna coast. Planted thousands and thousands of trees, Etc. etc.
- We are not the kind of group that only criticizes. We are not confrontational. We act as role models and set examples. We offer reasonable win-win solutions to environmental problems and concerns.
- We have worked successfully with County (Public Works, Parks & Recreation, Legislative Auditors office, and Council members) and State (Dept. of Land & Natural Resources, Dept. of Agriculture, Dept. of Health) and Federal (EPA, Congressional delegation, etc.) We have credibility and respect.
- We have partnered successfully with many other non-profits in our community.