All members receive a membership card, the Year in Review Newsletter, notice of the Annual General Membership Meeting, and a discount on our T-shirts.
- Low-income individual: $10
- Individual: $25
- Couple: $50
- Family: $75
- Business: $100
- Patron: $500
- Life: $1000
Additional donations are always welcome! Malama O Puna is a nonprofit organization, certified under IRS code 501(c)(3) All donations are tax-deductible.
Please send checks to:
Malama O Puna
P.O. Box 1520
Pāhoa, HI 96778
Please include your mailing address, E-mail address, and phone numbers.
We have several designs, and different sizes in Men’s and Women’s cuts. Prices range from $13 to $17. Visit our office in Pāhoa to see and purchase shirts.
Vanilla Beans & Plants
Premium large size; 8-9 inches
Price is $5.00 per bean
Includes shipping and handling
Will be shipped by first-class or priority mail
Organically grown in Puna, Hawai’i on an unmechanized farm
Each bean results from the individual hand-pollination of a vanilla orchid flower
Vanilla Starts – $10.00 Only within Puna, Hawai‘i
Please contact Ann (below) to arrange pick-up or drop-off.
Contact Ann at 808-965-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
9 Reasons To Donate To Malama O Puna
- MOP is the ONLY environmental group focusing on ALL environmental issues in Puna District. (Some other groups only deal with geothermal development, or parks or trails. We do it all).
- Puna is as large as Oahu and is the fastest growing area of the state, which means we have more development issues to deal with.
- When we were the Puna branch of The Outdoor Circle, we did more than all the other Outdoor Circles statewide combined! And we did it on one of the smallest budgets (no paid employees – all volunteer).
- Therefore a gift to MOP goes a long way – your dollar has more bang for the buck.
- In areas such as coastal and pelagic issues (endangered marine mammals, drift nets, coral reef preservation, etc.) we lead the field. Even more so than Greenpeace Hawaii.
- We are not afraid to take on major projects, all of which we have successfully completed: Saved 601 old growth mango trees and got the County to reinstate the process whereby trees can be protected; Persisted until the County enacted a native forest tax bill to remove incentives to bulldoze critical habitat; Removed 400 junk cars and 100 tons of household rubbish from a coastal area; Removed 7,000 lbs. of drift net (so far) from along the Puna coast. Planted thousands and thousands of trees, Etc. etc.
- We are not the kind of group that only criticizes. We are not confrontational. We act as role models and set examples. We offer reasonable win-win solutions to environmental problems and concerns.
- We have worked successfully with County (Public Works, Parks & Recreation, Legislative Auditors office, and Council members) and State (Dept. of Land & Natural Resources, Dept. of Agriculture, Dept. of Health) and Federal (EPA, Congressional delegation, etc.) We have credibility and respect.
- We have partnered successfully with many other non-profits in our community.